Being Stared At Doesn’t Have To Be Scary!
Some Benefits for the Child
- Allows the child to take more control over social interactions
- Offers an easy segue from stares and whispering to an actual conversation
- Boosts confidence in social situations
- Shows the child that almost everybody is friendly and will respond to the child in a positive way
- Turns their experience into something positive by sharing valuable information on preventing the most common types of burns
- Turns their experience into something positive by sharing valuable information on emergency care for severe burns
Some Benefits for the Recipients
- Becomes more comfortable around others who look different
- Understands that just because someone looks different, it does not mean they are somehow ‘less human’ than they are
- Parents gently regain control over their curious children and can redirect their curiosity towards a more positive encounter
- Learns to become more aware of burn safety
- Learns what to do in case of a burn injury
* NOTE: While it is our goal to be able to offer these cards to any child who needs them, Friendly Face Forward currently only prints the folded cards for burn patients. We are happy to offer cards to children with other physical differences, however they will be on a regular sized, 2 sided business card. If you are interested in acquiring a set of these cards for a child who was not burned, please contact us. We are eager to help!
© 2016 – 2017 FriendlyFacesForward.com